Sunday, June 13, 2010

Egg Shampoo

We have an abundance of eggs right now so I've been fiddling around with egg shampoo. I love it! My hair feels so soft and it is so shiny even after not washing it for a few days! Here's the recipe I've been using:

one egg
1 tsp olive oil
2 TSB vinegar
2 TSB lemon balm tea

Mix together well and put in bottle.

This shampoo doesn't create a lot of suds like a regular shampoo and it doesn't leave your hair "squeaky clean", but after it dries your hair will look and feel fantastic! It seems like the longer I use it, the longer I can go between shampoos. I've always wondered how women used to be able to go for a month without washing their hair, but I think I understand now. This shampoo doesn't strip the natural oils from your hair, so your scalp doesn't over produce oil to compensate.

I haven't tried mixing up huge batches of this shampoo to see if it would go bad, but I did leave some sit for a couple of days and it was just fine.

The original recipe I saw called for lemon juice instead of lemon balm tea, but I didn't have any lemon juice so I substituted. Lemon balm tea has a reddish tint to it that I thought would go with my auburn hair. You might want to use lemon juice or black tea depending on your hair color.

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment